Configuring the CentOS / RedHat server¶
In order to install a fresh CentOS7 machine (virtual or physical) without graphical interface (choose minimal installation), please refer to official CentOS documentation : https://www.centos.org/docs/ . This documentation is also valid for Redhat7 initial installation.
Configuring network parameters¶
The following configuration is not specific to WAPT : you have to adapt it to your specific environment.
Modify the following files to properly configure the (FQDN) and the IP addressing (fixed IP address).
In the following example
- the FQDN is srvwapt.mydomain.lan;
- the name of the WAPT Server is srvwapt;
- the DNS suffix is mydomain.lan;
- the IP address is 10.0.0.10/24;
Configuring the name of WAPT Server¶
The short name of the WAPT Server must not be longer than 15 characters (the limit is due to sAMAccountName restriction in Active Directory).
The name of the WAPT Server must be a FQDN, that is to say it has both the server name and the DNS suffix.
- modify the
/etc/hostnamefile and write the FQDN of the server;
# /etc/hostname du waptserver srvwapt.mydomain.lan
- configure the
/etc/hostsfile, be sure to put both the FQDN and the short name of the server;
# /etc/hosts du waptserver 127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4 ::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6 10.0.0.10 srvwapt.mydomain.lan srvwapt
- on the line defining the DNS server IP address, be sure to have the IP of the server (not 127.0.0.1), then the FQDN, then the short name;
- do not change the line with
Configuring the IP address of the WAPT Server¶
- modify the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0file and define a static IP address. The name of the file can be different, like
# /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 du serveur wapt TYPE="Ethernet" BOOTPROTO="static" NAME="eth0" ONBOOT="yes" IPADDR=10.0.0.10 NETMASK=255.255.255.0 GATEWAY=10.0.0.254 DNS1=10.0.0.1 DNS2=10.0.0.2
- apply the network configuration by rebooting the machine with a reboot;
- if it has not already be done, create the DNS entry for the WAPT Server in the Organization Active Directory;
- Configuring the Organization’s DNS for WAPT
- after reboot, configure the system language in English in order to have non-localized logs for easier searching of common errors;
localectl set-locale LANG=en_US.utf8 localectl status
- check that the machine clock is on time (with NTP installed), and that SELinux and the firewall are enabled;
yum list installed | grep ntp service ntpd status date sestatus systemctl status firewalld
If the NTP package is not installed.
yum install ntp systemctl ntpd.service enable systemctl ntpd start
Update CentOS7 and set up the EPEL repository.
yum update yum install epel-release wget sudo
You may no go on to the next step and install WAPT on your CentOS / RedHat.