Installing WAPT Server on Windows¶
- The WAPT Server can not be installed on a computer with services already listening on ports 80 and 443 (example WSUS with IIS).
- ports 80, 443 and 8080 are used by the WAPT Server and must be available;
- If ports 80 and 443 are already occupied by another web service, you should take a look at the documentation for Changing the listening port of the WAPT Server.
- port 8088 is used on client machines by the WAPT agent and must be available;
- WAPT Serveur n’est pas installable sur une version x86 de Windows
- L’installation de WAPTServer doit être faite avec le compte Administrateur Local de la machine.
From WAPT Server 1.5 onward, **:program:`Nginx` is the ONLY supported web server**. Apache or IIS (with or without WSUS) are no longer supported in WAPT.
In case of problems when installing WAPT, visit the Frequently Asked Questions;
- installing WAPT on a Linux server is the recommended method;
- the WAPT Server may be installed on 64bit only Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2008/R2, 2012/R2 and 2016;
- télécharger et exécuter : waptserversetup.exe ;
- choose the installation language;
- accept the GNU Public Licence and click on Next to go on to the next step;
- choose the installation directory (leave the default) and click on Next to go on to the next step;
- choose the installation options for the WAPT Server;
- check Install WAPT service if you want to have the WAPT service running on your Administrator desktop;
- check Lanch notification tray upon session opening if you want to have the WAPT icon running in the tray by default;
- click on the Install to launch the installation, wait for the installation to complete, then click on Finish (leave default options);
- check Start notification tray to start WAPT Tray now;
- check Start WAPT Server post-configuration to edit a few post-configuration parameters (see below);
- click on Finished to close the installer;
Post-configuring the Windows WAPT Server¶
- fill in the DNS name of the WAPT Server. The DNS will configure automatically the WAPT Server URL and the WAPT repository URL;
- click on Test DNS name to check the configuration of the DNS;
If there are no DNS field configured for the WAPT Server, the post-configuration wizard will propose to use plain IP address instead of a DNS address.
- click on Next to go on to the next step;
- choose the SuperAdmin password for the WAPT Server;
- start the WAPT Server on Windows;
Kerberos authentication for initial desktop registration is not available on WAPT Server on Windows. If you require strong authentication for registration, please install a WAPT Server on Linux.
The post-configuration wizard will generate a self-signed certificate. If you prefer, you may install a commercial certificate or a certificate from an internal Certificate Authority, please refer to Using valid SSL / TLS certificates for the WAPT Server.
- Pour la suite, télécharger manuellement WAPTSetup depuis : https://wapt.tranquil.it/wapt/releases/latest/waptsetup.exe
The WAPT Server on your Windows is ready.
Passez maintenant à l’étape suivante : Lancement de la console WAPT