Using WAPT SelfService¶
New in version 1.7: Enterprise
Feature only available with WAPT Enterprise.
With WAPT 1.7 you can now filter the list of self-service packages available for your users.
Your users will be able to install a selection of WAPT packages without having to be a Local Administrator on their desktop.
How it works?¶
With WAPT 1.7, a new type of WAPT package exists beside base, group, host and unit packages: they are selfservice packages.
A selfservice package may now be deployed on hosts to list the different self-service rules that apply to the host.
How to use the selfservice feature?¶
In the console go to the tab Self-service rules.
You can now create your first selfservice rule package.
- give a name to your new selfservice package;
- click on Add to add an Active Directory group (at the bottom left);
- name the selfservice group (with F2 or type directly into the cell);
- drag the allowed software and configuration packages for this selfservice group into the central column;
- add as many groups as you want in the package;
- save the package and deploy the package on your selection of hosts;
- once the package is deployed, only allowed packages listed in the selfservice group(s) of which the User is a member will be shown to the logged in User;
If a group appears in multiple selfservice packages, then the rules will be merged.