Installing the WAPT Server¶
The WAPT Server can be installed on Debian Linux, CentOS or Microsoft Windows 64 bits only.
Installation tips and requirements¶
You have to take into consideration a few security points in order to get all the benefits of WAPT:
- we advise you to install WAPT Server on a Linux server (Debian or CentOS) following the security recommendations of French ANSSI or the recommendations of your state cyberdefense agency.
- the WAPT Server must be installed on a dedicated machine (physical or virtual);
In all steps of the documentation, you will not use any accent or special character for:
- user logins;
- path to the private key and the certificate bundle;
- the CN;
- the installation path for WAPT;
- group names;
- the name of hosts or the the name of the server;
- the path to the folder
The WAPT Server can be installed either on a virtual server or a physical server.
RAM and CPU recommandations are:
|Size of the network||CPU||RAM|
|From 0 to 200 desktops||1 CPU||1024MB|
|From 200 desktops onward||4 CPU||4096Mo|
A minimum of 10GB of free space is necessary for the system, the database and log files.
The overall disk requirement will depend on the number and size of your WAPT packages (softwares) that you will store on your main repository; 30GB is a good start.
Install on Debian Linux¶
Install on CentOS7¶
Install on Microsoft Windows¶
Authenticating WAPT Administrators against Active Directory¶
This feature is only available in WAPT Enterprise.