Upgrading the WAPT Server¶
If your WAPT Server is a virtual machine, take a snapshot of the VM. This way, you’ll be able to go back easily in the rare case that the update fails.
Upgrading from 1.6 to 1.7¶
The upgrade process follows the process for a minor update:
- Debian Jessie is now deprecated. WAPT 1.7 will not work with that old Debian version;
- consider migrating your existing WAPT installation to Debian Stretch or CentOS7;
Upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6¶
The upgrade process follows the process for a minor update.
- if you are in Debian Jessie, it is recommended to upgrade to Debian Strech 64 bits;
- this is mandatory for the Enterprise version with Windows Update support;
- when upgrading to Debian9, the PostgreSQL database must be upgraded;
Upgrading from 1.3 to 1.6¶
The upgrade from 1.3 to 1.6 is a major upgrade.
This procedures concerns the classic method for upgrading the WAPT Server for minor versions, for exemple from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1.
The migration process includes:
- the upgrading of the WAPT Server;
- the upgrading of the WAPT console;
- the upgrading of the WAPT agent;
- the updating of the deployment GPO;
For upgrading from 1.3 to 1.6, please refer to upgrading from 1.3 to 1.6.