Upgrading from WAPT 1.3 to 1.6¶
Two methods are available:
- the minimal upgrade consists of just migrating the WAPT packages without the inventory. It is the simpler method;
- the full upgrade consists of migrating all data from the old WAPT Server;
Whether option 1 or 2 is chosen, there are two prerequisites:
- For the upgrade to work well, your Organization’s WAPT agents must all be in version 1.3.13 before upgrading to 1.6. If not, the waptupgrade package will not work correctly. Otherwise, you may upgrade using GPOs;
- all your machines to be upgraded must have the waptupgrade package installed;
Tranquil IT offers fixed price contracts to help you upgrade from 1.3 to 1.6; you may contact us by calling +33(0)240 975 755.
This procedure also allows you to easily migrate your WAPT Server from Windows to Linux and vice versa.
This procedure is the simplest.
The minimal upgrade consists of migrating only WAPT base and group packages. Neither the inventory nor the host-packages will be kept.
- all informations stored in the WAPT database come from the WAPT agents, so no information will be lost;
- the inventory database will rebuild itself when the WAPT agent 1.6 equipped computers will re-register with the WAPT Server;
you will have to re-affect the packages to the hosts (no stress, it will not remove the software that are already installed);
- you will just lose temporarily the list of your computers in the WAPT console;
- this procedure does not allow to upgrade with the waptupgrade package;
This procedure upgrades completely your Organization’s WAPT setup from 1.3 to 1.6 because it will migrate the database and WAPT base, group and host packages.