Performing minor updates on a Debian based WAPT Server¶
Ports 80 and 443 are used by the WAPT Server and must be available.
first of all, update the Debian underlying distribution:
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade
add the package repository for Debian packages, import the GPG key from the repository and install the WAPT Server packages:
- If you subscribed to WAPT Enterprise don’t use that repo but the Enterprise repository provided in your documentation.
apt-get install apt-transport-https lsb-release wget -O - https://wapt.tranquil.it/debian/tiswapt-pub.gpg | apt-key add - echo "deb https://wapt.tranquil.it/debian/wapt-1.7/ $(lsb_release -c -s) main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/wapt.list apt-get update apt-get install tis-waptserver tis-waptsetup
launch the post-configuration step
- we advise that you launch the post-configuration steps after each server upgrade so that the server uses the latest configuration format;
- it is not required to reset a password for the WAPT console during the post-configuration step;
- if you have personalized the configuration of Nginx, do not answer Yes when the post-configuration ask you to configure Nginx;
The password requested in step 4 is used to access the WAPT console.
start the WAPT Server:
systemctl restart waptserver
upgrade the WAPT console by following the same set of steps as installing the WAPT console;
then create the WAPT agent:
You will have to keep the same prefix for your packages and change nothing in relation to the private key/ public certificate pair!
This will generate a waptupgrade package in the private repository.
There are two methods for deploying the updates:
- using a GPO and waptdeploy;
- using a waptupgrade package and deploy it using WAPT;
update the WAPT agents
The steps to follow to update WAPT agents are the same as the ones to first install the WAPT agents.
Download and install the latest version of the WAPT agent by visiting http://wapt.mydomain.lan/wapt/waptagent.exe.
As mentioned above, this procedure may be made automatic with a GPO or a waptupgrade package.