Welcome to WAPT’s official documentation by Tranquil IT, last compiled on 2019-07-19.
WAPT is a software deployment tool whose core set of features is licensed under the GPLv3.
WAPT exists in two flavors, WAPT Community and WAPT Enterprise.
Cybersecurity solutions are many and diverse, but not all of them offer the same level of effectiveness, robustness and trust
Security Visas that the French cyberdefense agency, ANSSI, delivers allow to identify more easily the most reliable security solutions. They are recognized as such after having been evaluated by approved laboratories following a rigorous and recognized methodology.
Security Certification from French Cyberdefense Agency ANSSI¶
Following its first level security certification obtained on 14 february 2018, WAPT has been prized with a higher level certification from ANSSI.
For System Administrators:
- install software and configurations silently;
- maintain up to date an installed base of software and configurations;
- configure software at the system and user level to reduce the load on support teams;
- remove unwanted or out of cycle software and configurations silently;
- give Users more autonomy to install software safely and reliably;
- reduce as much as possible the consumption of bandwidth on remote sites to preserve it for productive uses;
For IT Security Officers
- pilot the software installed base to converge to a security standard acceptable to the Organization;
- prepare your enterprise for the coming GDPR and help your DPO keep his register of data processing, because you two will become close colleagues;
- to no more tolerate machines operating in Administrator mode;
- reduce the level of exposure to software vulnerabilities and lateral movement attacks;
- bring up audit indicators for a better knowledge of the state of installed IT devices and their global security level;
- be prompt to deploy updates to react to cyber attacks like Wannacry or notPetya;
- have your software configured to work well in the context of your Organization and trust that they will work correctly;
- reduce your need for support by your IT teams, whose reaction times are often long because of their workloads;
- to build a better contact with your IT support teams because IT works better as malfunctions happen less often because of standard, better managed and more predictable software configurations
Source code repository¶
You may access the source code by visiting Tranquil IT’s GitHub repository located at https://github.com/tranquilit/WAPT.
WAPT support and training¶
- commercial support: https://www.tranquil.it/
- forum: https://forum.tranquil.it/
- mailing list: http://lists.tranquil.it/listinfo/wapt