Welcome to WAPT’s official documentation by Tranquil IT, last compiled on 2023-09-21.
Click here for a PDF version of the complete documentation.
WAPT is a software and configuration deployment tool that may be compared to Microsoft SCCM (now called MECM), Ivanti UIM, IBM Bigfix, Tanium, OPSI, PDQDeploy, or Matrix42. WAPT exists in two flavors, WAPT Discovery and WAPT Enterprise.
For System Administrators:
Install software and configurations silently.
Maintain up to date an installed base of software and configurations.
Configure software at the system and user level to reduce the load on support teams.
Remove unwanted or out of cycle software and configurations silently.
Reduce your need for support by your IT teams, whose reaction times are often long because of their workloads.
Reduce as much as possible the consumption of bandwidth on remote sites to preserve it for productive uses.
For IT Security Officers
Pilot the software installed base to converge to a security standard acceptable to the organization.
Prepare your enterprise for the coming GDPR and help your DPO keep his register of data processing, because you two will become close colleagues.
No longer tolerate hosts operating in Administrator mode.
No longer tolerate users downloading and running software binaries from their home directory.
Start applying SRPs, also known as Applocker or WDAC to improve application level IT security.
Reduce the level of exposure to software vulnerabilities and lateral movement attacks.
Bring up audit indicators for a better knowledge of the state of installed IT devices and their global security level.
Have installed software configured to work well in the context of your Organization and trust that they will work correctly.
Give Users more autonomy to install software safely and reliably.
Have better working and more predictable professional systems because of standard software configurations.
- Introduction to WAPT
- Fundamental principles
- WAPT mode of operation
- WAPT Server architecture
- WAPT language and development environment
- WAPT Editions and versions history
- Currently supported versions
- Not supported versions anymore
- Summary of operating principles in WAPT
- Current feature list as of 2023-09-21
- Features coming soon
- Main functional benefits of the Enterprise version of WAPT
- Targeted use cases of WAPT Enterprise
- Description of services available with a WAPT Enterprise contract
- 1. Quickstart - Installing the WAPT Server
- 2. Quickstart - Installing the WAPT Console
- 3. Quickstart - Installing the WAPT Agent
- 1. Managing the WAPT Agent
- 2. Updating the WAPT Agent
- 3. Removing the WAPT Agent
- 4. WAPT Command Line Interface
- 4.1. Using the more common functions in WAPT with the command line
- 4.2. Using special Command Lines with WAPT
- 4.3. Using the Command Line for user session setup
- 4.4. Using the Command Line to create WAPT packages
- 4.5. Using the command-lines for WaptWUA management
- 4.6. Using the command-line for interacting with users
- 4.7. Using the command-lines for initial setup
- 4.8. Using the command-lines with options
- 5. Advanced WAPT configuration
- 1. Getting start creating WAPT packages
- 2. How to code WAPT packages
- 3. Using different IDEs for developing WAPT packages
- 4. Package structure detailed
- 5. WAPT Setuphelpers apidoc
- 1. Frequent problems and questions
- 1.1. Updating WAPT packages from Python 2 to Python 3
- 1.2. Resetting the WAPT Linux Server password
- 1.3. I lost my WAPT private key
- 1.4. My private key has been stolen
- 1.5. My BIOS UUID bugs
- 1.6. The WAPT Deploy utility does not work
- 1.7. Windows does not wait for the network to be running on startup
- 1.8. The WAPT Exit utility will not launch
- 1.9. The WAPT Exit utility halts after 15 minutes and does not finish the installing the WAPT packages
- 1.10. Error message when opening the WAPT Console
- 1.11. Error message about package on the WAPT Console
- 1.12. Problems with registering a host with WAPT
- 1.13. Problems when enabling enable-check-certificate
- 1.14. Problems when creating a WAPT package
- 1.15. Frequent problems caused by Anti-Virus software
- 1.16. I have an issue with my proxy - THttpClientSocket.SockRecv(1) read = 0
- 1.17. Common mistakes
- Contacting Tranquil IT
- Presentation of the security principles in WAPT
- Preamble and definitions
- Perimeter to secure
- Description of typical user roles in WAPT
- Description of the sensitive assets in WAPT
- Description of hypotheses on WAPT’s working environment
- Description of threats on WAPT’s sensitive assets
- Description of WAPT’s security functions
- Presentation of server authentication processes
- Presentation of server authorization processes
- Coverage matrices
- Presentation of cryptographic processes
- Folders and files referenced in this document
- Definitions of Actors
- Summary of crypto modules present in WAPT
- Types of PKI / CA infrastructures in a standard WAPT Setup
- Key and certificate management for the Administrators
- Managing the WAPT Agent’s key and certificate
- HTTPS communication between the WAPT clients and the WAPT repositories
- Communications between the WAPT Console and the WAPT Server
- Process for signing a WAPT package
- Verifying the signature of a package attributes
- Verifying the signature of a WAPT package
- Signing immediate actions
- Verifying the complete download of a WAPT package
- (For software editors) Applying best practices to packaging software
- WAPT release Strategy
- Security bulletin
- WAPT End user License Agreement
- External component licenses used in WAPT