Welcome to WAPT’s official documentation by Tranquil IT, last compiled on 2022-11-18.
Click here for a PDF version of the complete documentation.
WAPT is a software and configuration deployment tool that may be compared to Microsoft SCCM (now called MECM), Ivanti UIM, IBM Bigfix, Tanium, OPSI, PDQDeploy, or Matrix42. WAPT exists in two flavors, WAPT Discovery and WAPT Enterprise.
For System Administrators:
Install software and configurations silently.
Maintain up to date an installed base of software and configurations.
Configure software at the system and user level to reduce the load on support teams.
Remove unwanted or out of cycle software and configurations silently.
Reduce your need for support by your IT teams, whose reaction times are often long because of their workloads.
Reduce as much as possible the consumption of bandwidth on remote sites to preserve it for productive uses.
For IT Security Officers
Pilot the software installed base to converge to a security standard acceptable to the organization.
Prepare your enterprise for the coming GDPR and help your DPO keep his register of data processing, because you two will become close colleagues.
No longer tolerate hosts operating in Administrator mode.
No longer tolerate users downloading and running software binaries from their home directory.
Start applying SRPs, also known as Applocker or WDAC to improve application level IT security.
Reduce the level of exposure to software vulnerabilities and lateral movement attacks.
Bring up audit indicators for a better knowledge of the state of installed IT devices and their global security level.
Have installed software configured to work well in the context of your Organization and trust that they will work correctly.
Give Users more autonomy to install software safely and reliably.
Have better working and more predictable professional systems because of standard software configurations.
- Introduction to WAPT
- Fundamental principles
- WAPT mode of operation
- WAPT Server architecture
- WAPT language and development environment
- WAPT Editions and versions history
- Checking requirements
- Installing WAPT Server on Debian and Ubuntu
- WAPT Server Postconf script
- Installing on Redhat (and derivatives)
- Installing on Windows
- The WAPT management Console
- Activating a WAPT licence
- Generating the Administrator’s certificate for signing WAPT packages
- Building the WAPT Agent installer
- Initial Configuration
- Using the WAPT Console
- Using the WAPT Console advanced features
- Using WAPT Windows Update Agent (WAPTWUA)
- Synchronizing WAPT inventories to GLPI
- Using the reporting functions in WAPT
- Using WAPT Self-Service
- Using the WAPT System Tray utility
- Using the WAPT Exit utility
- Customizing WAPT for better user acceptance
- Using WAPT with the Command Line
- WAPT Server Postconf script
- Configuring the WAPT Agent with advanced options
- Configuring the WAPT Console
- Configuring the WAPT Server
- Configuring WAPT repositories
- Enhancing the security of your WAPT setup
- Configuring the firewall on the WAPT Server
- Configuring kerberos authentication
- Activating the verification of the SSL / TLS certificate
- Configuring user authentication against Active Directory
- Configuring Client-Side Certificate Authentication
- Generating the Certificate Authority (CA)
- Deploying certificates of local IT admins on clients
- Configuring Access Control Lists
- Simplifying the deployment of your workstations
- Deploying your workstations via WADS
- Installing and configuring TFTP and DHCP for WADS
- Deploying a Windows OS via WADS
- Creating WAPT packages
- Setting up your WAPT development and test environment
- Principles of creating package template from the WAPT Console
- Presentation of PyScripter
- Packaging .msi packages (example)
- Packaging .exe packages (example)
- Packaging empty packages
- Building the package and sending it to the WAPT Server
- Simple examples of commonly used setuphelper functions
- Manipulating registry keys
- Creating and destroying shortcuts
- Windows environment/ Software/ Services
- Using control file fields
- Managing a WAPT package with another WAPT package
- Improving my package
- Using different IDEs for developing WAPT packages
- Configuring WAPT to use a custom editor
- Updating WAPT packages from Python 2 to Python 3
- Package structure detailed
- Frequent problems and questions
- Resetting the WAPT Linux Server password
- I lost my WAPT private key
- My private key has been stolen
- My BIOS UUID bugs
- The WAPT Deploy utility does not work
- Windows does not wait for the network to be running on startup
- The WAPT Exit utility will not launch
- The WAPT Exit utility halts after 15 minutes and does not finish the installing the WAPT packages
- Error message when opening the WAPT Console
- Problems with registering a host with WAPT
- Problems when enabling enable-check-certificate
- Problems when creating a WAPT package
- Frequent problems caused by Anti-Virus software
- I have an issue with my proxy - THttpClientSocket.SockRecv(1) read = 0
- Common mistakes
- Installing the WAPT Server with Ansible
- Using the WAPT Server APIs